The runtime error 217 is the error that contains the details of the error. The numerical code in the error name contains data that can be deciphered by the manufacturer of the component or application that malfunctioned. Runtime error 217 occurs for different reasons like missing DLL files, registry error, virus infections, and other problems. The most common reasons include is incorrect or failed installation or uninstallation of software that may have left invalid entries in our Windows registry, consequences of a virus or malware attack, improper system shutdown due to a power failure, or another factor. The little technical knowledge deleting a necessary system or registry files entry. As well as several other causes. The immediate cause of the Runtime Error 217 error is a failure to correctly run one of its normal operations by a system or application component.
“Fix runtime error 217”
1. Update window to fix Msvcrt.dll File
The msvcrt.dll file is damaged on windows, due to which our pc fails to process the file it needs to run. This file is used in many programs. But the old and new versions of windows create the runtime 217 error that appears on the screen. We update the file click on start > control panel > Windows update.
2. Correct the regional settings for our computer
• Open the control panel
• Select the clock, language, and region.
• Then check the settings and do the needful if something needs to be corrected.
3. Download stdole32.TLB from the internet
Sometimes Stdole32.tlb goes missing from the “System32” folder of our PC and this can cause the Runtime 217 error to appear. We download this file from the internet and place it to fix this issue.
• Unzip the file using free tools like Winzip/Winrar.
• Copy and paste the file in C:WindowsSystem32
• Restart the computer and check if this resolves the problem.
4. Clean out the registry
The window registry is the main reason for the runti